To assist in the maintenance of the 140 acre woodland garden and general duties involved with the upkeep of the wider estate and woodlands.
The candidate would preferably have experience using mowers, brush cutters and leaf blowers. Certificates of competence for the use of chainsaws and the application of chemicals via a knapsack sprayer would also be desirable. Recognised horticultural training an advantage but not vital as training can be given.
General duties to include:
Mowing and brush cutting, pruning, clearing leaves, weeding, working from height from time to time.
39 hour working week Monday-Friday.
Salary dependent on experience.
Own transport necessary.
Please send a covering letter and C.V. to Mr J Parsons by email to email@example.com or alternatively mailing to:
The Estate Office
Sales Office Administrator – Burncoose Nurseries
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time/Full-time
Salary: £10.42-£11.50 per hour
We are looking for a new member to join our busy team at Burncoose Nurseries.
Burncoose Nurseries is an established small business in Cornwall, which has been providing mail order plants for almost 40 years. The role will involve responding to customer enquiries and taking orders over the phone, liaising with nursery staff and management, as well assisting with the day to day running of the office.
The core, day-to-day, responsibilities will include:
• Answering incoming customers calls helping with enquiries and taking orders over the phone.
• Managing and responding to customer enquiries via email.
• Ensuring order enquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
• Liaising with the Nursery Team and Stockist with any stock enquiries/queries.
• Inputting orders using our bespoke database and ensuring data is handled in accordance with the Data Protection guidelines.
• Administrative support to our Trade Sales Department.
• Supporting Cashpoint Team during busy times. general administrative support.
• Providing general office administrative support
Knowledge or Experience required:
• Working within a busy office environment and as part of a team.
• Customer Service.
• Data entry and use of bespoke/database systems.
• Microsoft Outlook, Calendar, Word, and Excel.
• Plant knowledge or keen plant interest.
Type of role:
Permanent, and envisaged to be Full Time, which will include some weekend work on a rotary basis. However, we may be willing to split the role should the right candidates present themselves.
To apply, please send a copy of your recent CV and a covering letter to: Gemma Collins, Office Manager, Burncoose Nurseries, Gwennap, Redruth TR16 6BJ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 27th October 2023